Tuesday, August 7, 2012

easy letter art!!

I was looking up some fun letter art and i found a really cool picture. Of course now I can't find that picture, but it looked a lot like the one I'm about to show you, just a different letter.
The photocopy with color.
So this was super easy and looks like you spend a lot of time and detail on, but you don't!
So the first thing I did was print of a huge letter M. You can either look some up on the internet or use a word document, with a font you like. Remember though whichever font you use has to be pretty thick because you will be drawing small details inside. Then I cut it out and traced it very very lightly onto another piece of paper. Now this will be your final piece of paper so you could use a nice thick on, but I just used printer paper because I couldn't find any other and didn't know how it would turn out. So then I just started to draw. This is the really fun part and it looks like you need a lot of artistic ability, but you don't! Just draw random shapes, honestly. You can look at mine for ideas and then fill in your own letter. Now I used pencil for this because I thought I might want to erase some things and then I went over it again with a really thin point black pen because sharpie was to think, you might be able to tell if you look at the black and white one in the upper left corner. I  did that after I was finished and liked how it looked. You can do that if you have the time, but it is fine if you don't. Then erase all the pencil lines. After I did that I liked the way it looked of the black and white, so I actually photocopied it, so I could keep the original and drew on the photocopy. Also that helps if you didn't erase all the pencil lines because the photocopier won't pick up the really light lines. Then I grabbed my color pencils and started to draw in the shapes. I tried to make sure that I never drew one color to close together. Then you are done and it turns out really cool because You may not like it close up, but When you hang it up and stand a few feet back it looks really amazing! Here is the black and white version.

My first one that is just black and white.





No comments:

Post a Comment