Sunday, July 29, 2012

The most delicious cupcakes ever!!

chocolate and peanut butter. the best combination ever.

These cupcakes are so amazing.
They have a peanut butter cup baked in at the bottom, dark chocolate cake, whipped peanut butter frosting, oh and yeah and they are dipped in chocolate. Like I mentioned the best cupcakes!
So one day I was really bored and felt like making some cupcakes. I really wanted to make marshmallow frosting, but i didn't have the ingredients for it, but then i saw a recipe for hi hat cupcakes and thought those are so cute and look amazing. But of course the recipe looked pretty complicated, so I didn't want to make that. Then I looked for recipes with reese's cups baked in because we had those in the house. That's when I found the best recipe. The recipe is called Double-Decker-Reese's-Peanut-Butter-Cup-High-Hat-Cupcakes. This was the first recipe I found and it was pretty ironic that just I found a recipe with reese's cups baked in and hi hat frosting without even trying! I felt pretty lucky! So I decided to try them out and let me tell you it was worth it. Also they were pretty easy! First I made dark chocolate cake mix, I was feeling lazy. Then I put peanut butter cups at the bottom and filled the batter on top and baked them for the normal time. After I made the frosting. This is the most difficult part, but don't worry, don't freak out, they weren't too hard and were delicious!! So the recipe calls for egg whites and you must be thinking, you can't have egg whites in frosting! Well don't worry because you put a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk the egg whites and sugar together, so the heat kills the bacteria, so they aren't raw eggs. Now the recipe says it takes 7-10 minutes, but mine took a little bit less than that, probably like 5 minutes. Then you take the bowl off the pot and set in on the counter and use an electric mixer to mix it for 7-10 minutes, but again mine took around 5 mintues, and my bowl was still a little bit warm after I finished, unlike the recipe where it says the bowl should be cool to the touch after. Once thats done it's really easy from there!! But my tip for the frosting is to get the ingredients all ready before you start because there isn't a lot of time to do it. So here is link to the recipe and pictures http://www.bakeaholic.ca/cupcakes/double-decker-reeses-peanut-butter-cup-high-hat-cupcakes/

No comments:

Post a Comment