Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wall Art Quote


I was feeling really bored and I found this quote "To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong". I just love it and really want to paint it on my wall when I redo my room but because I haven't done that yet and I really wanted to do something with this quote I decided to paint it on a canvas board! I used an 8x10 canvas from Michael's. First I traced all the letters onto some painters tape. Then I used a craft knife to cut the letters out, all while rewatching How I Met Your Mother. I'm so excited for season 7 to come on Netflix!! I lined all the letters up and taped them down. Then I painted the bottom half yellow and the top an aqua blue color. Then I painted a white strip in the middle with my fingers! It was actually really fun and I just dabbed the white over the colors to get a cool texture! After I took a strip of painters tape and taped a paper towel to cover the white and yellow part and then I splatter painted to blue part. I dibbed my thumb in a color and then flicked it using my first finger. After I pulled of the tape fixed a few of the letters and ta-da!!





No comments:

Post a Comment